I was beyond excited to be nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Laura from Palette of Thoughts. Please check out her original post here. Thank you to Laura for nominating me!
I am so overwhelmed by the support I’ve been receiving from so many incredible, talented writers and creators in the blogging community. For a long time, I would just read these tags, but I had never gotten a chance to participate, so it means so much to be recognized by friends in this community.
Here are the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 more bloggers and ask 11 new questions
- Notify your nominees
1. What’s your favorite season and why? Fall is my absolute favorite season. New Englanders really pride themselves on how beautiful and scenic everything becomes during this time. Plus, the weather starts to cool and we get some relief from the hot, humid summer air.
2. What’s a goal you want to achieve before the end of this year? One of my personal goals this year was to read 12 books. I know this seems pitiful, but this is a healthy challenge for me. Once I started working full-time, my schedule became erratic. My work-life-balance is rarely in sync, so I’m often faced with hard choices. Do I spend my little bit of free time: catching up on a favorite TV show, hanging out with a friend, writing or planning a blog post, working on a painting or some graphic design, or do I read? Or am I so tired that the only option is to sleep? Unfortunately, when I am feeling rundown, the most passive activity is usually the option I chose – catching up on a TV show. That being said, as of right now, I should be on track to meet or exceed my goal of reading 12 books, since I’m a voracious reader once I start a new book.
RELATED: Set Goals You’ll Keep
3. What is something that always makes you smile? Golden Retrievers.
4. If you could go back and change one thing from your teenage years what would you do? I would take more risks – whether that be joining a sports team or trying out for a school play.
5. What would be our dream holiday if money was no object? This is tough so I am going to say two dreams. ☺️ I want to visit every single US state, particularly those in the Midwest and on the West Coast. On that trip, I would visit every single major US Reservation or National Park. The US has so many natural wonders, but I often spend my time in major metro centers. My 2nd dream would be to spend a year traveling across Asia and Oceana (including Australia).
6. What’s a skill you would love to have? I wish I was good at a sport, particularly ice hockey or lacrosse.
7. What would be your go to Karaoke tune? “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey.
8. If you won big on the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy? I would buy my mom a vacation home wherever she chooses.
9. Tell us something you love about yourself/are proud of yourself for? I love my work ethic. I always strive to put my best self forward and hope my work is a reflection of that.
10. How much have you changed as a person in the last 5 years? Over the past five years I’ve become more self-aware of myself in terms of my personality, what makes me happy / anxious / sad and what things about myself that I want to work on. As a whole, I’m much more confident and I’m better able to deal with disappointment or hard situations.
11. What would you love for your life 5 years from now? I hope to be working as a marketer for a major beauty, retail or wellness brand. I want to be married with at least one fur baby, preferably a rescue dog.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could only wear mascara or lipstick for the rest of your life, which would you chose?
3. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Chronicles of Narnia?
4. If you could be any Disney character, who would you be and why?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
6. What TV show are you currently binging?
7. What was the last book you read?
8. What is your favorite flower?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. What is your favorite trait or feature?
11. Outside of blogging, what is your favorite hobby or pastime?
I know not all of you will do this tag, but I’m always so excited to read your newest posts when they pop up in my feed. Therefore, I wanted to give a well-deserved shout out. Looking forward to seeing your answers & hope this brightens up your day. Thanks for writing such awesome blogs!
What bloggers inspire you? I’d love to know in the comments below.